Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Lots of dyeing


My husband was overheard telling his clients last week that I was going home to dye every night which raised a few eyebrows. But here are the results of a lot of work, all dyed, reskeined, labelled and ready for sale. All 12 kilos of it. Not bad considering it was fairly dark by the time I got to my dye shed every evening, and cold. It was hard leaving the warm log fire after tea.
Actually naming each of the colourways takes a while too. Some are easier to name than others.
These are all commercially spun alpaca yarns but from fairly local alpacas. These are all destined for the craft shows with Andy from Flagstaff Alpacas.I like his label with the alpaca holding a flower in it's mouth. Go see his site for the events he'll be attending in the next few months with all his lovely alpaca products.

1 comment:

Jody said...

How beautiful Doe! I wish I had the ability to do some nice dyeing with my Ashford dyes but I am never very happy with the results. You have been very busy indeed. Here we are still waiting for summer. It's been a pretty cool and wet spring so far.